Any family interested in applying for financial aid for 2014-2015, should apply online at www.factstuitionaid.com. This year’s application period will run from January 1 – March 1. All upperclassmen wishing to receive financial aid must apply annually. All upperclassmen wishing to receive financial aid must apply annually.
Please contact the Business Office for further information at (630) 668-5800, Ext. 1135.
THE DEADLINE FOR FINANCIAL AID APPLICATIONS IS MARCH 1.
Tuition and Fees Summary
2014-15 School Year
|Total Tuition for 2014-2015
|Less: tuition deposit remitted at registration
|Balance (remittance according to one of three available options
- Specialty Fees
- Entrance examination (new students) $ 35.00
- Initial Registration (new students) 150.00
- Graduation (seniors) 100.00
- “Senior Celebration” (optional) (approximate cost) 90.00
- Performing Arts Participation Fees
- Band $145.00
- Choral 60.00
- Drama (per production) 145.00
- Sports Participation Fees
- All sports excluding Football, Lacrosse, Swimming, and Wrestling $145.00
- Football 225.00
- Lacrosse 335.00
- Swimming 335.00
- Wrestling 225.00
- Junior Retreat (required) $170.00
- Kairos Retreat (optional for seniors) 225.00
Educational Sales Co., Inc. (ESCO) is the preferred vendor utilized for on-line purchasing and resale of student textbooks. Students will have an opportunity to sell back their books during the week of their second semester exams in May. Further information will be sent regarding ESCO at a later date.
“Rumpel Shirt Skin” (110 W. Willow Avenue, Wheaton, IL 60187, 630-682-4495) is the vendor utilized for all required uniform apparel. Further information will be sent regarding “Rumpel Shirt Skin” at a later date.
St. Francis Fund donation
Each family is encouraged to pledge an $850.00 tax deductible contribution to the St. Francis Fund to assist in closing the $1,553.00 variance between the cost of education and tuition.
Tuition Policy and Procedures
- A $150.00 one-time registration fee is required upon initial registration for any new student (i.e., freshman, transfer student, etc.) into the St. Francis community. This is a non-refundable fee.
- A $500.00 advance tuition deposit is required in February with the Registration Materials for the 2014-15 school year. This is a non-refundable fee.
- The Tuition Payment Agreement and St. Francis Fund Pledge Form (enclosed) must be submitted at the time of student registration.
All families are required to make tuition remittances through FACTS Management Tuition Program in accordance with one of the following payment plans.
- One (1) Payment ($0 fee) . The total cost of tuition is remitted by either July 5 th or July 20 th. Those choosing this plan can send a personal check to the FACTS Tuition Management Plan. Alternatively, you can authorize your financial institution to make an automatic payment to FACTS Tuition Management Plan on either of these two (2) dates. This automatic payment plan is made directly through a checking or savings account. Or, the payment can be made via credit card (a convenience fee applies) on-line through the FACTS Tuition Management Plan website.
- Two (2) Semester Payments ($0 fee; however a $15.00 fee will be charged initially, and you will receive a $15.00 credit in your December payment) . The cost of tuition is remitted in two (2) installments on either: July 5th and December 5th; or, July 20th and December 20th.
- Those choosing this plan will authorize their financial institution to make an automatic payment to FACTS Tuition Management Plan on these two dates. This automatic payment plan is made directly through a checking or savings account. Or, the payments can be made via credit card (a convenience fee applies) on-line through the FACTS Tuition Management Plan website.
- Ten (10) Monthly Payments ($41 fee). Thecost oftuition is remitted monthly over a ten (10) month period beginning in July (ending in April) through the FACTS Tuition Management Plan. Those choosing this plan will authorize their financial institution to make automatic monthly payments to FACTS Tuition Management Plan on either the 5 th or the 20 th of each month. This is an automatic payment plan made through a checking or savings account. Or, the payments can be made via credit card (a convenience fee applies) on-line through the FACTS Tuition Management Plan website.
REGISTRATION AFTER MARCH 1st
- Families registering after March 1st will fulfill their tuition obligation according to the tuition policy outlined above.
- Tuition for students registering on or after the first day of school shall be pro-rated over the number of school days they will be in attendance according to a formula established by the St. Francis High School Business Office.
LATE PAYMENT FEES/FINANCIAL HOLD OF STUDENT(S) DUE TO TUITION DELINQUENCY
Each family is responsible for fulfilling their agreed financial obligation regarding tuition and applicable fees.
- A missed payment attributable to insufficient funds will be assessed a $30.00 fee by the FACTS Tuition Management Plan. Additional fees may be incurred by your financial institution as well.
- FACTS Tuition Management immediately notifies the St. Francis High School Business Office of all missed payments. In turn, the Business Office will notify you as well. The delinquent payment will be re-attempted by FACTS on the 5 th or the 20 th of the month, whichever is subsequent to the originally scheduled payment date.
- If the re-attempted payment fails a personal conference with the St. Francis Business Office will be required within five (5) business days.
- The satisfaction of all financial obligations to the school, including tuition and fees, constitutes a material condition for continued enrollment in the school. Failing to remit tuition and fees in accordance with this policy may result in any or all of the following:
- Withdrawal of student from enrollment
- Prevention from scheduling courses for the following school term
- Suspension from extracurricular activities
- Non-participation in graduation ceremony
- Withholding the issuance of transcripts or any other student records
- Non-acceptance of enrollment for sibling(s) in a future school year
- The following are critical tuition remittance deadlines and related consequences:
- July 31, 2014
Students will not be admitted on the first day of school and will not be permitted to tryout or participate in fall related co-curricular activities.
- December 29, 2014
Students will not be re-admitted on the first day of class in January, i.e., beginning of the second semester.
- February 6, 2015
Student’s registration for the 2014-15 school year will be placed on hold and the elective courses cannot be guaranteed.
- May 15, 2015
Graduating seniors will not receive diplomas and permanent records, transcripts, etc. will not be released until all financial obligations have been satisfactorily agreed with the St. Francis High School Business Office.